Frances O’Connor, born in 1914 in Minnesota. Born without arms, she became very dexterous with her feet (to the point where she was able to sew and knit as a hobby) and worked as a circus performer (billed as ‘the Living Venus de Milo’) for over 20 years. She also appeared in the 1932 film Freaks, which is now in the public domain and available for free. She passed away in 1982 at the age of sixty seven.
Tagged as: sideshow. circus. interesting people.
- lionography likes this
- cranberryflags likes this
- clownfetish reblogged this from ayamccabre
- onthejo24-7 reblogged this from ayamccabre
- vadda likes this
- tcrystalship reblogged this from bumblr-jumblr
- bumblr-jumblr reblogged this from ayamccabre and added:
- hilarywrites reblogged this from ayamccabre
- monoeko likes this
- ayamccabre posted this